Breathtaking landscapes, unrivaled trekking, and the creative spirit of Reykjavík: experience it all with Moon Iceland. Inside you’ll find:
- Strategic, flexible itineraries, from a three-day tour of the best of Reykjavík to a nine-day road trip on the famed Ring Road, designed for outdoor adventurers, culture and history buffs, wildlife lovers, and more.
- Unique experiences and Can’t-miss highlights: Drive past quaint towns and enormous fjords, hike through Iceland’s majestic, and bask in the shimmering glow of the northern lights. Stroll Reykjavík’s busy streets, listen to up-and-coming bands at uniquely themed venues, and kick back with a handcrafted Icelandic beer at a local hangout.
- The top outdoor activities: Search for seals, whales, and porpoises off the Icelandic coast or spot arctic wildlife like puffins and reindeer onshore. Trek across a mighty glacier, hike the rim of a remote, and relax in the milky blue waters of the Blue Lagoon. Explore crystalline ice caves and mineral-rich lava tubes or catch a rainbow appearing over a thundering waterfall.
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout.
- Honest advice from local author Jenna Gottlieb on where to eat, where to stay, and when to go, including insight on traveling during the winter.
- Handy tools including an Icelandic phrasebook and critical background information on the landscape, culture, and environment.